Ninh Binh city is a small city in the Red River Delta of northern Vietnam
Tourism: (Ninh Binh province)
Population: 2,5 million people
The distance: about 110Km South of Hanoi
Ninh Bình Province is a tourist center with many attractions:
Ancient capital of Hoa Lu, witnessed the crowd of King Dinh Tien Hoang (924-979), a hero who settled Twelve Warlords . Dinh Bo Linh was born at Hoa Lu village. When he was a boy, he often used reed wool to hold field maneuver with other shepherds and practiced martial arts. Now King Dinh Tien Hoang Square is being built in the city in memorial of him , becoming a stunning tourist attraction.
- Phat Diem Cathedral, ranked as one of the most beautiful churchs in Vietnam, with a mixing Western-Eastern architecture. The church is a prominent historical object witnessing an important movement in Vietnam religion. It took 24 years to build this church from 1875 to 1898. And as its name suggests, it was completely built of stone and wood that are readily available in the mountain area of Ninh Binh.
- Cuc Phuong National Park
- Tam Coc & Bich Dong, with a numerous other caves made up a spectacular region for boat touring and cave exploring, the place is a karst area with many limestone rocks and islands in the rice fields.
- Trang An Scenic Complex, a newly-discovered area for tourism with stunning and untouched beauty. Recently Titan Crew, aka King Kong movie making crew has visited Trang An for some of the most important scenes in "Kong: the Skull Island", on air in 2017.
- Bai Dinh Pagoda. currently holds the record for having the biggest Budda Statues in South East Asia.
- Duc Thuy, aka Non Nuoc mountain is a unique attraction for its picturesque location and historical values. The mountain has long been a subject of creativity for hundred famous poets throughout history. There are many poetries writen in Nom ( Chinese-like letters), carved on the side of the mountain, being left by historical figures. The mountain is the famous symbol of the city, also of the province.
- Recently Thung Nham bird garden has been known for more tourists. Resorts, bird viewing, boat tour, wooden house residing, along with many other services are available for tourists. Thung Nham is about fifty-minute drive from Tam Coc- Bich Dong.
In a couple of years Ninh Binh will have its own beach, also known as Con Noi Beach in Kim Son.